Pages

.

January Recap - Daybook Post

Outside my window ~

Thunderstorms (the nice kind)


Slugs (all the way up on the second story window)


I am thankful for ~

* brisk, early, morning walks where the quiet allows me to enjoy time with God

* youth who are pro-life : defending the rights of the most vulnerable; women (and men) in the womb as well as the sick and elderly.

* cheap airline tickets!  (I'm taking three of the kids to go visit my mom mid-Feb.)

From the school room ~

A look into our Chemistry class (Homeschool Connections)

For labs, Miss Ester first watches the teacher complete the lab on a YouTube video and then performs the lab herself.


 (At that point, I put the camera down and asked where the plastic table protector was??)

From the kitchen ~

I really dislike meal planning.

I try not to complain since we do have food at least.

Last year, I took the challenge of preparing a monthly menu for each month.  I had so many recipes that my monthly plans rarely resembled one another.  The best part is that I remembered to actually keep each one.


What I just read ~


SO good!


In addition to that, I  recently finished the book, Winter Garden, and I do not recommend it.



The story lines (there were two main conflicts going on) were real however, the one was so different from the other that my brain had a difficult time adjusting from one conflict to the other.  There was sex, and the sprinkling of elicit description really was unnecessary and kind of ruined the book for me.  I would not want my daughters to read this because of the descriptive sex scenes.

My plan is to read 25 books this year.  We shall see!

Around the house ~

I ordered our newest peg doll from my favorite shop on Etsy.  He is nearby as we read our St. Valentine books.



These two marched in the March for Life (Dallas).



A recent date with my man that consisted of Capri pizza and Pinot Noir.



We recently celebrated Miss Clementine turning 6!!  Oh my!!


I am listening to ~

the hum of the furnace.  Our mornings are chilly, but the afternoons are gorgeous.  Tomorrow, we are going to the zoo for the day.

Coming down the pike ~

Wednesday - Field trip to the Dallas Zoo

Thursday - ice skating lessons for Miss Mabel and Miss Clementine

Friday - basketball tournament for Stan the Man

A last photo to share ~


Bike rides.  Lots and lots of bike rides these days!

Can you believe that we are at the end of January?  Already?!

~  Patty ~

No comments:

Post a Comment