Pages

.

To The Lake!

A couple of weeks ago, the Troops of St. George had their family camp out for the year.  It took place  at our favorite Texas state park.  Miss Clementine and I drove out early on a Saturday since she and I had a Little Flowers Girls' Club the night before.  It is such a gorgeous drive through the park (the lake itself is 30,000 acres).  The deer were abundant.

(This lake view is from inside one of the camp grounds.)

David had his teardrop camper set up.


He built this cute, little thing seven years ago using a set of prints and guidance from You Tube University ;)


The bunk is a perfect spot for Miss Clementine.

The temperature was so warm that day that we ended up going to the beach to cool off.  I wasn't sure if anyone would swim, but there were about two dozen folks cooling off in the water, including my little girl.


I was so worried about putting sunblock on a bunch of other kids that I forgot myself.  Yikes!  (In my youth, I would refer to this as my base - ha ha!)

The sunset that evening was just beautiful.  God's creation never ceases to amaze me.

 (The photo on the left is from a fishing pier by the beach.  The photo on the right is our campsite - breathtakingly beautiful!)

After a shower and clean up, it was time for bed.

She loves her bunk!  We added some pink fairy lights to glamp things up a bit. :)


Stan the man and his fellow troopers like to sleep in hammocks.  They take the minimalist approach, but not this mama.  I have to have at least this camper (it is a queen sleeper with memory foam to boot).

Winding down in nature is good for the soul!  The next camping trip is in less then two weeks when some of us head down to the coast.  Falling asleep to the soothing sounds of waves is what I am looking forward to!

~  Patty  ~

No comments:

Post a Comment