Pages

.

Girls' Weekend

"I like this place and could willingly waste my time in it." ~ William Shakespeare

Two of my girls and I were on a camping trip this past weekend.

I soaked up nothing but R&R, and they proved to be their father's daughters with their love of nature and adventure.

We floated on water and took walks in the woods (in our jammies after showers).




We kayaked for hours on the second day.  (We launched the kayaks ourselves, too!)





REI co-op (camping outfitters) recently donated 8 kayaks, (with oars and life jackets) to this particular Texas State Park.  The kayak program was FREE to campers!  

Miss Mabel napped, and I started a new book on my kindle while Miss Ester went fishing off and on.



Miss Mabel discovered a private cove not far from our campground.

So quiet and peaceful!!



We love our Texas State Parks!  (This one was called Lake Ray Roberts Texas State Park.)

We buy the park pass each year and utilize the beauty that this huge state provides.

Sarah was suppose to go on this camping trip with them, but with poor Internet service and taking a summer class, she really couldn't make it and be able to study.  I'm hoping she is able to get away after her class ends the end of June.

Until the next trip...

Patty

No comments:

Post a Comment