Pages

.

Time For Tea!

We had so much fun this morning!

Miss Clementine had another group of little friends over for another tea party. 

This was our third party in one month.  I know that sounds nuts, but I was thinking 18 little girls together wouldn't be much of a lady-like tea party, you know what I mean?  Ha!

And a little side note before moving on, none of these ideas are my original ideas.  I just put my own personal twist on it.


The church dedicates the month of June to the Sacred Heart of Jesus, and that was our theme.


My friend brought 7 little daughters (SEVEN)!!  One is cuter than the other, and in true Catholic fashion, they are stair steps (one right after the other with a set of identical twins tossed in for fun - no joke)!

Since I didn't have enough tea cups for this party, I went ahead and purchased these adorable, paper, decorate-your-own tea cups on Amazon here.

The little ladies had so much fun decorating them with stickers and crayons.



Our menu ::

Tea Biscuits

Vanilla Tea Cake

Cucumber sandwiches

Fruit punch juice (which we pretended to be tea of course ;)


And just a little FYI, this fruit spread is so so so delicious!


It seriously is going to be the death of me this summer.  Ha ha!



After tea and biscuits and cake and sandwiches, the girls worked on their spiritual bouquets.

And I did it.   I bit the bullet and used glitter for a craft!  (I am NOT a glitter mom.)

And I survived :)



A spiritual bouquet is a card filled with prayers or devotional acts that the giver will offer for a receiver (typically someone in much need).

They all turned out so pretty and meaningful.

We sent our friends home with full bellies and joy-filled hearts!

I mentioned on this Marian Tea Party and Mary May Baskets post how much I love the Tea and Cake With the Saints.   One of the sweetest books for Catholic girls out there.  And no!  I'm not getting paid for an endorsement :)

With summer in full swing, we are looking forward to planning more - a little more low key next time since we've entertained all of our friends now.


O most holy heart of Jesus, fountain of every blessing, I adore you, I love you, and with lively sorrow for my sins I offer you this poor heart of mine. Make me humble, patient, pure and wholly obedient to your will. Grant, Good Jesus, that I may live in you and for you. Protect me in the midst of danger. Comfort me in my afflictions. Give me health of body, assistance in my temporal needs, your blessing on all that I do, and the grace of a holy death, Amen.

Patty

No comments:

Post a Comment