Pages

.

Mid-December Daybook Post

Outside my window ~

Taking in the Christmas lights on the feast of St. Lucy (Lucia, which means "light").



St. Lucy (Lucia) was a Christian born in Sicily a couple hundred years after the death of Christ.  She secretly dedicated her life to Christ.  This was secretly done since it was illegal to be a Christian at that time.  During her youth, she would feed the hungry and help the poor.  As a beautiful young lady, a Roman soldier wanted to marry her.  When he grew angry with her refusal, he reported her as a Christian and she was arrested.  During her persecution, she lost her eye sight.  Miraculously they were healed.  After numerous, failed attempts to murder her, the soldiers eventually succeeded.  St. Lucy died a martyr's death.  She is the patron saint of people with vision problems.

The Catholic Sistas Advent Photo Challenge yesterday was #lights.  You can find more of their challenge here.

I am thankful for ~

these kiddos singing Christmas carols for the residents in a local nursing home.



From the school room ~

Still working on the Bio Lab hours.  This one will be working on some dissections to do over Christmas break while big sister is home from college.


The BIGGEST change I made this year was scheduling semester exams after Christmas break.  It has been far less stressful leading up to Christmas this year.  A good move!

From the kitchen ~


Chocolate Candy Cane Cookies!!


What I am reading ~


I LOVE LOVE LOVE Richard Paul Evans Christmas books!!

Around the house ~

Our newest Christmas book for our Christmas book bin ::


The newest ornaments from our trip to the beach this past summer ::



And Miss Clementine gave me this jelly fish ornament on Mother's Day (when we were at the beach).


I am taking part in another saint peg doll exchange.  It will be the end of January.  I chose St. Maria Goretti because she is my Confirmation saint (and I have a daughter with that name ;)


I decided to host a painting party here on Sunday evening with the moms who are participating.  Whoever can come... in sweatpants ;)

Miss Clementine had her Little Flower Christmas cookie exchange a couple of weeks ago :)




Stan the man received his bottom braces the beginning of December.


I am praying for ~

* our souls in purgatory

* for those who have no one to pray for them

* my family

* all those who have asked me to pray for them

I am listening to ~

My dryer and dishwasher.  It seems like my washer & dryer and dishwasher are always running.  I am so grateful for these modern appliances!

Coming down the pike this week ~

Thursday - Sarah is on her way home from college as I type!!  She finished last week but needed to stay to work at her job until today.

Friday - Last day of class till after Christmas break.

Friday, Saturday, and Sunday - Christmas parties!!!

A last photo to share ~

Someone received a short haircut!


The other day she told me she wanted it to her chin.  I thought I had better take her in before she cut it herself!  ha ha!

Continued Advent blessings to you all!

Patty 

No comments:

Post a Comment