Pages

.

(MAJOR) Fall Catch-up Daybook Post

Outside my window ~

Our maple tree is starting to turn and it is always such a gorgeous sight from the girls' bedroom window upstairs.


What a great "classroom" window, don't you agree?! :)

Somebody waits patiently for the neighbor's leaves to fall into our backyard...


I am thankful for ~

So MUCH!!

1.  Let's see.  Since my last daybook post, I flew up to KC for a weekend.  I met my sisters and mom there, and we laughed until our sides ached!!

(Selfie stick newbies! Ha ha ha!)

2.  Then there was the fun on Halloween night!


Rosie the Riveter passed out candy.  Our donut had a blast.  She was a hoot!

Stan the man decided to be our in-house, health chef for the day, creating these yummy snacks we found


We ordered a jack-o-lantern pizza from Papa Murphy's for dinner.


3.  I am also thankful that Stan the man is a patient at the Texas A&M / Baylor University schools of orthodontics.  It saves us a ton of money!

(He had his top braces placed back in October and will have his bottom ones placed on Dec. 5.)


From the school room ~

We continue to make great progress through the semester.  We just started week #13.

Sarah is doing quite well at college, and it is hard to believe her first semester is almost over.  She only has a few week left.  We look forward to her being home for Thanksgiving!!

From the kitchen ~


Homemade French Silk pie for David's birthday.  Compliments of Miss Mabel :)

Mabel also mastered her chocolate Swiss roll cake!!


Tara, another blogger friend, once suggested adding some sprigs of holly to this dessert.  It made it look even prettier.

What I am reading ~

Nothing at the moment.  I am continuing to take the Catholic Sistas Christmas shopping challenge.  Ya'll!  I am almost done with all of my Christmas prep!!!  I'll be done by the first Advent.  So excited!

Around the house ~

Big D turned 49!!




Miss Ester is licensed to drive now.  We waited to have her take the driving test for a few reasons, but the #1 reason to wait was the cost!!  There's really no reason to have two teen drivers in the house.  Once Sarah left, we saw the need arise again.


I am praying for ~

* all the souls in purgatory

* our new goddaughter!


God bless sweet Bridget Therese!

I am listening to ~

the meat on the burner browning; Clementine talking to herself; and Stan the man showing me some cool things in a book (while I type ;)

Coming down the pike this week ~

Wednesday - Stan has an alter server refresher course

Thursday - Thyroid appointment for myself

Friday - Miss Mabel sleeps over a friend's house

A last photo to share ~


The girl plays for blood!

Have a great week!

Patty

No comments:

Post a Comment