Pages

.

Visiting Grammy

It's been one year since my mom had lung surgery to remove cancer.  After a couple of bumps in the road, she is doing better.  What a trooper!

The winter blues can be rough on folks, especially those who are home bound, so I thought since she can't fly down to the Texas sun, we'd fly up to visit her!


The crazy, cheap tickets on Southwest couldn't be passed up.  I flew Miss Ester, Mabel, and Clementine up, (Sally flew up at Christmas time, and Stan will have to go another time since he's in public school).

Miss Clementine was SO incredibly excited to see real snow (they had received a foot of snow the week prior, and it was snowing when we landed - which made me a bit nervous).


I rented a car at Midway, and then we were off to Grammy's house.  It felt amazing to be in her cozy sitting room chatting with her :)

We went to Mass in the morning at the church I grew up in and saw the grade school I attended AND taught at :)  I even ran into a former student of mine at Mass.  (I'm feeling old!)  


(Standing on her first snow pile!  Woot!)

I'm glad I kept the big girls' boots from when they were little.  I made sure to pack them in the suitcase for the trip - glad I did!

Then it was off to Grammy's backyard for snow angels and snazzy snowmen.  Grammy thought they were the coolest looking snowmen around :)


My brother has beautiful land down by the river valley with lots and lots of "snow toys".  He invited us over and the kids had a BLAST!

Miss Clementine went sledding for the first time!

They went snowmobiling, "What's a snowmobile?".

They went four wheeling in the snow, sledding, and even snowboarding.  Oh my gosh!  So much fun!


Five of my siblings live in the same area as my mom.  With all of my siblings married and with families themselves, my kids were able to visit with all of those aunties and uncles and cousins :)  Lots and LOTS of visiting, laughing, and catching up.  (Too many pics to put up here!)

One of David's sisters lives about an hour from my mom.  She is Miss Clementine's godmother.

Aunt Sara was sweet enough to come up for lunch on one day and brought her grand babies, (David's niece's kiddos) with her.

(Clementine with her godmother and her cousins kids - sometimes, when you come from a big family, you are the same age as your cousin's kids ;)


Miss Mabel even had a chance to bake with Grammy in the kitchen.  Grammy taught her how to make cream puffs.  So yummy!




We stayed three nights.  It was a short trip, but it was one of the best trips we ever had.  Just "snow much fun"!

I love my mom so much and was so full of joy to have had this time with her!


God is good, all the time!

~ Patty ~

No comments:

Post a Comment