Pages

.

Seed to Pumpkin Fun!

Oh man.  The stars and moon must have been all aligned just right because I pulled off a fantastic, last minute, holy-crap-I-have-all-the-material, lesson on pumpkins - the day before we went to the pumpkin patch.

Rock star moment (which will most likely never happy again, dude).

I pulled out a fall book bin and came across this book (which I totally forgot we had) ::


And then we read and learned how pumpkins grow.  At the end of the book there was a science project.  You know, the celery in colored water (watch the water go up the tubes??).  Low and behold, I had celery in my fridge.

So mama acted like she was all together and presented this cool science experiment ::


Rock star status.

We observed how the colored water traveled up the tubes of celery (demonstrating how roots underground bring water up to the top of the plant above ground).

The next day was our field trip to the pumpkin patch.

It was an awesome way to cap off the lesson.

And wouldn't you know it, we even found some buds that would soon turn into pumpkins.  You know, just like the pictures in the book!


Rock star.

Patty

No comments:

Post a Comment